- Serving Size: 6 Capsules
- Servings Per Container: 30
AMOUNT PER SERVING
Freeze-Dried New Zealand Grassfed Whole Brain Extract With Liver 500 MG
Grass Fed Whole Brain Extract (Bovine) 250 MG
- Grass Fed Brain
- Grass Fed Pituitary Gland
- Grass Fed Hypothalamus Gland
- Grass Fed Pineal Gland
Grass Fed Liver (Bovine) 250 MG
Collagen (Beef Gelatin) Capsules
Six capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: ANCESTRAL SUPPLEMENTS, LLC
* FDA STATEMENT: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
NOURISH YOUR WAY TO HEALTH & HAPPINESS WITH GRASS FED BEEF BRAIN
For most of human history, we effortlessly consumed (nose-to-tail) the things we needed for strength, health and happiness. Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our nutritional needs in order to support and sustain a vibrant, disease-free life. We are now part of a world where neurodegenerative conditions, mood disorders and impaired brain functioning run amuck.
Compounds in whole bovine brain extract may reduce aspects of cellular atrophy, degeneration, decreases in tissue elasticity, and other negative aspects associated with ageing. Brain glandulars contain specific brain cell activators and have been advised for slowness of thought, loss of memory, uncontrolled mental activity and epilepsy.
Bovine-brain derived phosphatidylserine was found to improve both behavior and cognition in elderly people with cognitive decline. Phosphatidylserine enhances the ability of enzymes in membranes of nerve cells to relay messages in and out of the cells. This product (bovine-brain phosphatidylserine) can improve memory in older adults, and can ameliorate symptoms of depression. Included in whole brain extract are neurotrophic factors that support the survival of existing neurons and encourages the growth of new neurons as well as sphingomyelin which plays a central role in the myelin sheath and cell signaling.
Whole food, nutrient dense organs and glands can provide great benefit for those seeking targeted support in harmony with nature — the old fashioned way, the way that our early ancestors did. Grass Fed Beef Brain is a whole brain extract and dietary supplement that provides 100% pure bovine brain with pituitary, hypothalamus and pineal gland in the same balance that exists in nature.
Pasture Raised In New Zealand
Grass-fed & Grass-Finished
Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents
100% Freeze Dried & Non-Defatted
Third Party Tested For Purity
GRASSFED BEEF BRAIN CONTAINS:
- Proteins Exclusively Found And Expressed In Whole Brain Extract
- Brain Derived Glandulars Including The Pituitary, Hypothalamus and Pineal Glands
- Unique Peptides And Neurotrophic Factors Including Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF)
- Sphingomyelin — Found In High Concentrations In The Myelin Sheath.
- Brain Cell Activators, Phosphatidylserine & Omega-3 Fats EPA and DHA
GRASSFED BEEF BRAIN SUPPORTS:
- Optimal Brain Health Based On “Like Supports Like”
- Memory, Mood And Cognitive Health
- The Survival of Existing Neurons & Encourages The Growth and Differentiation Of New Neurons
- Myelin Sheath, Signal Transduction & Apoptosi
SUGGESTED USE (6 CAPSULES A DAY)
Six capsules provides the equivalent of one ounce of fresh, raw whole glandulars and organs that you’d get from your local farmer (or) butcher. Our Grass Fed Brain (with liver) is a whole food dietary supplement that provides whole brain extract — including pituitary, hypothalamus, pineal glands in the physiological amounts that exist in harmony with nature. This supplement can be taken with (or) without food (even though it technically is food). The suggested use is 6 capsules a day or as directed by a healthcare professional — for added support, the dose can be doubled. This supplement can be consumed all at once, or divided servings throughout the day.
POTENTIAL ISSUES (DETOX REACTION)
Most customers tolerate our supplements without incident; however, approximately 5 to 10% of customers (usually with an autoimmune condition) may experience a detoxification reaction. Detoxification reactions go by many different names including healing reactions, healing crises, cleansing reactions (or) Herxheimer reactions with hallmark symptoms of nausea, headache, lethargy, dizziness and other flu like symptoms. In this instance, detoxification reactions are generally an indication that detoxification pathways in the body are back online… cells suddenly have an opportunity to release an even greater than normal quantity of stored toxins, metabolic wastes, pathogens and unwanted material.
A detoxification reaction is more likely to occur when starting with the full suggested serving size of 6 capsules per day. If you know that you are sensitive to supplements and/or you have an autoimmune condition, you may wish to start slow when adding this product to your current regimen. Tolerability can be greatly improved by starting with just 1 (or) 2 capsules a day and increasing by just 1 capsule every couple of days — this method may take a full two weeks to achieve the desired serving size of 6 capsules per day.
GRASSFED BRAIN SUMMARY
Our genome has evolved with the nourishment of nose-to-tail dining since the beginning of time. Grassfed Beef Brain is a whole brain extract that provides brain cell activators, neurotrophic factors, brain derived glandulars and hundreds of other compounds exclusive to brain tissue that regulate memory, mood and cognitive functions.* Based on the concept of “like supports like,” consuming brain may strengthen and support our own brain.* Bovine-brain derived phosphatidylserine has been shown to improve both behavior and cognition associated with cognitive decline.*
Not all organs and glands are the same. Look for the highest quality brain glandular… It should come from pasture-raised, grass-fed calves that are hormone, pesticide and GMO free. If considering a supplement, look for one that is ultra pure (without binders, fillers (or) flow agents) and look for the freeze dried variety as these have been shown to optimally preserve nutritional factors, growth factors and co-factors.
[ FACT: There has never been a case of mad cow disease in New Zealand. BSE (mad cow disease), scrapie and other known TSE’s, do not occur in New Zealand. A national surveillance programme is in place to provide comprehensive monitoring. ]
NOTE: Desiccated brain (or) whole brain extract glandular can be found on the market by various names: whole brain, brain extract, desiccated brian, brain glandular, brain PMG belongs to Standard Process and then there’s simply bovine brain.
- 3rd party microbial testing before and after encapsulation
- 3rd party veterinarian health inspection is performed by the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries — for 100% of our animal derived biologics
- We exclusively harvest Brain, Bone Marrow and Thymus from young calves
Sources and References
- Fishman, Stanley A. “The Benefits of Organ Meats.” Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Lee R, Hanson W. Protomorphology: The Principles of Cell Auto-Regulation. Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, Milwaukee, 1947
- Lee R. Therapeutic Food Manual, Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, Milwaukee, circa 1950;14Lee R. Brain Cytotrophin. Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, Milwaukee, circa 1950
- Profiles in Nutritional Progress. Rubicon Productions, Bakersfield, 1993
- Blake, Paul. “Serious Brain Enhancer.” Serious Brain Enhancer TM, www.theherbprof.com/FoodResearch/drSeriousBrain.htm. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Cenacchi T, et al. Cognitive decline in the elderly: a double-blind placebo-controlled multicenter study on the efficacy of phosphatidylserine administration. Aging Clin Exp Res 5:123-133, 1993
- Null G. The Complete Encyclopedia of Natural Healing. Kensington Books, 1998
- Harrower HR. An Endocrine Handbook. Harrow Laboratory, Glendale, 1939
- “Bovine pituitary gland extract.” Bovine pituitary gland extract, www.doctorslounge.com/endocrinology/forums/backup/topic-12915.html. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- “Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules.” Dr. Ron’s Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- “Sphingomyelin.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 11 Aug. 2017, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphingomyelin. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- “Brain-Derived neurotrophic factor.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 24 Aug. 2017, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain-derived_neurotrophic_factor. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Fallon, Sally. “Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans.” The Weston A. Price Foundation, 1 Jan. 2000, www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/traditional-diets/guts-and-grease-the-diet-of-native-americans/. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Mercola, Joseph. “Ketogenic diet: the perfect meal plan that can supercharge your body’s fat-Burning process.” Mercola.com, articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/09/26/nutritional-ketosis-benefits.aspx. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Mercola, Joseph. “Burning Fat for Fuel Increases Quality and Quantity of Life.” Mercola.com, articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/04/24/burning-fat-for-fuel.aspx. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Sisson, Mark. “The Fat Burning Brain: What Are the Cognitive Effects of Ketosis?” Mark’s Daily Apple, 1 Sept. 2016, www.marksdailyapple.com/the-fat-burning-brain-what-are-the-cognitive-effects-of-ketosis/. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Cunnane, SC, et al. “BRAIN FUEL METABOLISM, AGING AND ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE.” Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif.), U.S. National Library of Medicine, Jan. 2011, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3478067/. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Gasior, Maciej, et al. “Neuroprotective and disease-Modifying effects of the ketogenic diet.” Behavioural pharmacology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, Sept. 2006, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2367001/. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.