- Serving Size 6 Capsules
- Servings Per Container 30
AMOUNT PER CAPSULE
Freeze-Dried New Zealand Grass Fed Whole Bone Extract (Bovine) 500 MG
- Grass Fed Bone Matrix
- Grass Fed Bone Marrow
- Grass Fed Cartilage
Collagen (Beef Gelatin) Capsules, Organic Rice Concentrate, Silica
Six capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: ANCESTRAL SUPPLEMENTS, LLC
* FDA STATEMENT: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* Our product line is 100% additive-free. Absolutely no stearates, lubricants, binders, fillers or flow agents… except with our Bone Marrow (see Other Ingredients) *
Ancestral Supplements Grass-fed Bone Marrow
Whole food, nutrient dense bone, marrow and cartilage can provide great benefit for those seeking targeted support in harmony with nature — the old fashioned way, the way that our early ancestors did.* Grassfed Bone Marrow is a whole bone extract and dietary supplement that provides 100% pure bovine bone, marrow and cartilage as it exists in nature. This whole food contains all the nutrients (collagen, growth factors, stem cells, fat soluble activators, trace minerals, etc) that support bone, dental and connective tissue health.* Our mission is our purpose… putting back in, what the modern world has left out.
- Pasture Raised In New Zealand
- Grass-fed & Grass-Finished
- Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- 100% Freeze Dried & Non-Defatted
- Third Party Tested For Purity
- Allergen Free
BENEFITS OF EATING BONE MARROW
Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual. For instance, the traditional way of treating a person with a weak heart was to feed the person the heart of a healthy animal. Similarly, eating the kidneys of a healthy animal was believed to support urinary ailments and overall kidney health… Pancreas was fed to people with digestive problems… and spleen was fed to people with immune and blood deficiencies.* Bone, marrow and cartilage was no different.
Weston Price DDS, Author of Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, studied the dietary habits of traditional peoples across the globe. He found that the natives of Canada put great stock in consuming animal organ meats, especially bone marrow. He reported:
“Indians putting great emphasis upon the eating of the organs of the animals, including the wall of parts of the digestive tract. Much of the muscle meat of the animals was fed to the dogs. It is important that skeletons are rarely found where large game animals have been slaughtered by the Indians of the North. The skeletal remains are found as piles of finely broken bone chips or splinters that have been cracked up to obtain as much as possible of the marrow and nutritive qualities of the bones. These Indians obtain their fat-soluble vitamins and also most of their minerals from the organs of the animals. An important part of the nutrition of the children consisted in various preparations of bone marrow, both as a substitute for milk and as a special dietary ration.” 
Organ meats and bone marrow were a staple of our early ancestors’ diets as the ultimate superfood, for good reason. It turns out, this nourishing tradition is backed by science… “Radioisotope labeling studies in animals have shown conclusively that, when eaten, organs and glands selectively travel to the corresponding organs and glands in high concentrations. This research, done at the University of Scotland in Edinburgh, lends credence to the ancient practice of eating animal organs to help ensure health in one’s corresponding organs…” – Dr. Ron Schmid, ND.* Our early ancestors knew this, which is why their traditional diets included the frequent and nourishing consumption of nose-to-tail organs meats.
- Based on the ancient ancestral wisdom that “like supports like.” Consuming bone, marrow and cartilage supports our own bones (including teeth), bone marrow and connective tissues *
- Contains all the nutrients, specialized cells (including stem cells and base cells), collagen, growth factors, fat soluble activators and substances that the body uses to build, repair, and maintain our living bones, connective tissues and more * 
- In the Chinese paradigm, bone marrow is considered the deepest tissue of the body and contains the essence of the being. Itʼs an interesting correlation to consider that modern science has shown that within bone marrow are high concentrations of stem cells, the very organizing influences, and genetic material, for the being. It is these essential nutrients that help our bodies continue to build healthy, vital constitutions and repair cellular damage * 
For most of human history, we effortlessly consumed (nose-to-tail) the things we needed for strength, health and happiness. Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our nutritional needs in order to support and sustain a vibrant, disease-free life. We are now part of a world where bone, dental and connective tissue health is struggling.
At the heart of our whole bone extract is bone marrow… bone marrow contains all the nutrients and substances that the body uses to build, repair, and maintain our living bones and connective tissues. There’s clearly something special (nutritionally) about bone marrow. The healthy peoples studied by Dr. Weston A. Price valued bone marrow, when they could get it. Some would crack open the bones and eat it raw, while others would simmer marrow bones in their broths. In the wild, animals go for the marrow, instinctively. For instance, wolves given access to full deer carcasses gravitated toward those bones with “high marrow yields,” taking care to “destroy the epiphyses” where the marrow was most plentiful.
WHOLE BONE EXTRACT CONTAINS:
- Bone Matrix, Bone Marrow And Cartilage *
- Nutrients Exclusively Found And Expressed In Whole Bone Extract *
- High Concentrations Of Stem Cells And Base Cells *
- Collagen, Growth Factors And Fat Soluble Activators *
- Glycosaminoglycans Naturally Present in Bone Matrix *
- Bone Marrow and Spleen also contain high levels of a class of lipids known as alkylglycerols (AKGs for short).
AKGs serve as powerful immune system boosters, helping to fight infectious disease and even treatment resistant conditions. If you want to know more about this fascinating compound, scroll towards the bottom of this page to read “MORE ON THE AKG STORY” or try Googling about “Dr Astrid Brohult discovers AKGs effectiveness in treating children with leukemia.”
NOTE: There are two types of bone marrow: red marrow (also known as myeloid tissue) and yellow marrow. Red blood cells, platelets and most white blood cells arise in red marrow; some white blood cells develop in yellow marrow.*
WHOLE BONE EXTRACT SUPPORTS:
- Bone Health (think bones, marrow and teeth)… Based On “Like Supports Like” *
- Connective Tissue Health (think ligaments, tendons, cartilage, skin)…Based On “Like Supports Like” *
- Dental Health And Immune Health *
- Supports And Repairs Cellular Damage *
NOTE: There are a number of caves that show long evidence of human habitation, going all the way back to the Paleolithic period. All of these caves contained ancient fire pits. And all of these caves contained the remnants of large piles of bones. The bones that were found were animal bones. Almost without exception, they had been cracked open, and every trace of the marrow removed.*
Our Grassfed Bone Marrow is a whole food dietary supplement that provides whole bone extract — bovine bone matrix, bone marrow and cartilage in the physiological amounts that exist in harmony with nature. This product can be taken with (or) without food (even though it technically is food). The suggested use is 6 capsules a day or as directed by a healthcare professional — for added support, the dose can be doubled.
NOTE: “Bone marrow was a sacred food for many pre-industrialized Indian cultures. Marrow was considered a special dietary ration for growing children and also served as a substitute for breast milk when necessary.” – Jessica Haggard, Carnivore Diet Meal Plan
HIGH QUALITY ORGANS, GLANDS & MARROW
Okay, you’re convinced! You’re going to start incorporating whole bone extract and marrow in your routine because, well… you’re educated now… you understand, just as our early ancestors did, that they provide superlative health benefits that are missing in our modern diets.* The next step is sourcing it. It’s important that you source the highest quality because not all organs and glands are created equal. Consider the source.
- Should Come From An Unpolluted Geographical Region — Isolated, Healthy, Pristine Lands
- Should Come From Pasture Raised Cows
- Should Come From Grass-Fed & Grass-Finished Cows
- Should Come From Cows That Are Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Should Also Be Ultra Pure… Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents, No Allergens
- Should Be Non-Defatted, The Way It Exists In Nature
- Should Be 100% Freeze Dried… Freeze Drying Preserves Heat Sensitive Biological Activity
GRASSFED WHOLE BONE EXTRACT & MARROW SUMMARY
Our genome has evolved with the nourishment of nose-to-tail dining since the beginning of time. Grassfed Beef Marrow can provide great benefit for those seeking targeted support in harmony with nature.* Based on the concept of “like supports like,” consuming bone, marrow and cartilage may strengthen and support our own bone, marrow and cartilage health.* Whole bone extract and marrow naturally provides all the nutrients (collagen, growth factors, stem cells, fat soluble activators, trace minerals, etc) that support bone, dental and connective tissue health.*
Not all organs and glands are the same. Look for the highest quality whole bone extract and marrow… It should come from pasture-raised, grass-fed cows that are hormone, pesticide and GMO free. If considering a supplement, look for one that is ultra pure (without binders, fillers (or) flow agents) and look for the freeze dried variety as these have been shown to optimally preserve nutritional factors, co-factors and biological activity.
NOTE: Whole bone (or) whole bone extract can be found by various names: MCHA, ossein hydroxyapatite, MCHC, or microcrystalline hydroxyapatite calcium.
Sources and References
- “Healing Powers of Chicken Bone Broth!” The Whole Journey. N.p., 02 Mar. 2017. Web. 22 June 2017.
- Sisson, Mark. “Bone Marrow: Delicious, Nutritious and Underappreciated.” Mark’s Daily Apple. N.p., 07 Apr. 2010. Web. 22 June 2017.
- Fishman, Stanley A. “The Most Paleo Food, Bone Marrow, Easy and Delicious.” Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 16 Apr. 2012. Web. 22 June 2017.
- Fishman, Stanley A. “The Benefits of Organ Meats.” Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Price, Weston A., DDS. Nutrition and Physical Degeneration; a comparison of primitive and modern diets and their effects. Santa Monica, CA: Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, 2008. Print.
- “Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules.” Dr. Ron’s Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Nagel, Ramiel. “Bone Marrow Is a Historically Used Traditional Food.” Free-Range Pasture-Fed Bone Marrow and Cartilage, 3.5oz. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 June 2017.
- “Bone marrow.” ScienceDaily. Wikipedia, n.d. Web. 22 June 2017.
- Murray, Michael T., Joseph E. Pizzorno, and Lara Pizzorno. The encyclopedia of healing foods. 3rd ed. Place of publication not identified: Time Warner International, 2006. Print.
- Carney, Scott, and Wim Hof. What doesnt kill us: how freezing water, extreme altitude, and environmental conditioning will renew our lost evolutionary strength. Brunswick, Victoria, Australia: Scribe Publications, 2017. Print.
- Fallon Morell, Sally. “Bone Marrow.” The Weston A. Price Foundation. N.p., 15 Feb. 2008. Web. 22 June 2017.
- Brohult A, Brohult J, Brohult S. Biochemical effects of alkoxyglycerols and their use in cancer therapy. Acta Chem Scand. 1970;24(2):730.