- Serving Size: 1 to 3 Capsules
- Servings Per Container: Varies
AMOUNT PER CAPSULE
Freeze-Dried New Zealand Grassfed Adrenal (w/ liver) 500 MG
Grass Fed Adrenal (Bovine) 250 MG
- Adrenal Cortex
- Adrenal Medulla
Grass Fed Liver (Bovine) 250 MG
Collagen (Beef Gelatin) Capsules
Six capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: ANCESTRAL SUPPLEMENTS, LLC
* FDA STATEMENT: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ancestral Supplements Grass-fed Beef Adrenals
Whole food, nutrient dense organs and glands, can provide great benefit for those seeking targeted support in harmony with nature — the old fashioned way, the way that our early ancestors did.* Grassfed Adrenal is a whole food and dietary supplement that provides 100% pure bovine adrenal (and liver) with adrenal-specific peptides, cofactors and enzymes to nourish and support one’s own adrenal health.* Bear in mind that this is a “supplement” and should be used in parallel with ancestral nutrition, lifestyle and behavioral modifications to build and restore biological resilience.
- Pasture Raised In New Zealand
- Grass-fed & Grass-Finished
- Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents
- 100% Freeze Dried & Non-Defatted
- Third Party Tested For Purity
- Allergen Free
BENEFITS OF BOVINE ADRENAL (W/ LIVER)
Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual. For instance, the traditional way of treating a person with a weak heart was to feed the person the heart of a healthy animal. Similarly, eating the kidneys of a healthy animal was believed to support urinary ailments and overall kidney health… Pancreas was fed to people with digestive and endocrine problems…1 and the adrenal gland was cut up into pieces and fed to all members of the tribe to support adrenal health.4
Dr. Royal Lee, and other early nutritional pioneers, believed the degenerative processes of a specific organ / gland could be reversed by ingesting the corresponding raw materials specific to that organ / gland…8 that adrenal glandular tissue provided adrenal glandular specific building blocks to nourish, support and remodel one’s own adrenal glandular.*
LIVER —THE ULTIMATE SUPERFOOD
Whether from grassfed beef, bison, or lamb, grass fed liver is one of the most nutrient-dense, health promoting foods you could possibly eat. Hunters all over the world, for uncounted thousands of years, would eat the raw livers of the animals they killed. Lions and other predatory animals will also eat the liver first. Grass fed liver is particularly rich in vitamin B12, vitamin A, choline, folate and many other powerful nutrients in which most people are deficient. Grass fed liver also contains compounds that help the human liver function better. Other substances in liver reduce fatigue and improve brain function.*1
Many people look to targeted support (like heals like) while neglecting the very fundamental nourishment that governs our biology, health and well-being. It’s no wonder that so many people successfully support organ and glandular related health conditions (adrenal, thyroid and heart included) by just nourishing their bodies with Liver and and Bone Marrow.*
The hormones that the adrenal cortex makes are all derived from our best friend–cholesterol. Yes, cholesterol is the precursor to all the valuable adrenal hormones that help us deal with stress, inflammation and trauma, and that help our body to heal. Therefore adrenal insufficiency (lack of adrenal cortical hormones) may stem from a healthy fat deficiency. So the first step is simple and logical: eat more fat, especially cholesterol-rich animal fat. One of these fats should come from liver or cod liver oil to also supply vitamin A. The adrenal cortex cannot make adrenal hormones out of cholesterol without adequate vitamin A. 9
ANCESTRAL WISDOM BACKED BY SCIENCE
Organs and glandulars were a staple of our early ancestors’ diets as the ultimate superfood, for good reason. It turns out, this nourishing tradition is backed by science… “Radioisotope labeling studies in animals have shown conclusively that, when eaten, organs and glands selectively travel to the corresponding organs and glands in high concentrations. This research, done at the University of Scotland in Edinburgh, lends credence to the ancient practice of eating animal organs to help ensure health in one’s corresponding organs…” – Dr. Ron Schmid, ND.*10 Our early ancestors knew this, which is why their traditional diets included the frequent and nourishing consumption of nose-to-tail nutrients, including the adrenal glands.
- Based on the ancient ancestral wisdom that “like supports like.” Consuming adrenal glandular may nourish and support our own adrenals.*
- Provides healthy adrenal building blocks… adrenal specific proteins, peptides, enzymes & cofactors along with nourishment that is fundamental to human physiology, liver *
- Since the late 1890s, physicians have treated symptoms of adrenal insufficiency with adrenal extract, taken from the adrenal glands of animals.* —
GRASS FED ADRENAL (W/ LIVER) CONTAINS:
- Healthy Adrenal Glandular Building Blocks… Adrenal Specific Proteins, Peptides, Enzymes & Cofactors
- Molecular Biodirectors — DNA Blueprints To Support Healthy Tissue
- Methylation Raw Materials (folate, choline, B12, methyl donors)
[NOTE: Several botanicals are known to support adrenal function too and may offer significant benefits. Most notable are adaptogens such as Chinese ginseng (Panax ginseng), Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus), rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea), and ashwaganda (Withania somnifera).4* Consider these as “supplements” to the Ancestral Lifestyle tenets outlined below.]
GRASS FED ADRENAL (W/ LIVER) SUPPORTS:
- Optimal Adrenal Health Based On “Like Supports Like” *
- Blood Sugar
- Methylation And Detoxification
[NOTE: As with the thyroid gland, altered function of the adrenal gland is closely associated with depression. Often this dysfunction is the result of chronic stress—a major factor to consider in depression. It is critical to develop biological resiliency in parallel with positive ways of dealing with the stress of modern life.] 5
SUGGESTED USE (1 TO 3 CAPSULES A DAY)
Our Grass Fed Adrenal (with liver) is a whole food dietary supplement that provides bovine adrenal glandular with the ultimate superfood — liver. Liver fills nutrition gaps more completely than any other food. This supplement should be taken with food… a light snack or meal works well. If upset stomach occurs, try drinking a full 12 ounces of water with capsules. The suggested use is 1 to 3 capsules a day or as directed by a healthcare professional. Start with just 1/2 to 1 capsule per day and increase by 1/2 to 1 capsule every 3 days or so in search of the ideal dose.
- Days 1, 2, 3 take 1 capsule a day
- Days 4, 5, 6 take 2 capsules a day
- Days 7, 8, 9… take 3 capsules a day
POTENTIAL ISSUES (DETOX REACTION)
Most customers tolerate our supplements without incident; however, approximately 5 to 10% of customers (usually with an autoimmune condition) may experience a detoxification reaction. Detoxification reactions go by many different names including healing reactions, healing crises, cleansing reactions (or) Herxheimer reactions with hallmark symptoms of nausea, headache, lethargy, dizziness and other flu like symptoms. In this instance, detoxification reactions are generally an indication that detoxification pathways in the body are back online… cells suddenly have an opportunity to release an even greater than normal quantity of stored toxins, metabolic wastes, pathogens and unwanted material.
If you know that you are sensitive to supplements and/or you have an autoimmune condition, you may wish to start slow when adding this product to your current regimen. Tolerability can be greatly improved by starting with just 1 capsule a day and increasing by just 1 capsule every week — this method may take a full two weeks to achieve the desired serving size of 3 capsules per day.
HIGH QUALITY ORGANS & GLANDS
Okay, you’re convinced! You’re going to start incorporating nose-to-tail nourishment in your routine because, well… you’re educated now… you understand, just as our early ancestors did, that they provide superlative health benefits that are missing in our modern diets. The next step is sourcing it. It’s important that you source the highest quality because not all organs, glands and cartilage are created equal. Consider the source.
- Should Come From An Unpolluted Geographical Region — Isolated, Healthy, Pristine Lands
- Should Come From Pasture Raised Animals
- Should Come From Grass-Fed & Grass-Finished Animals
- Should Come From Animals That Are Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Should Also Be Ultra Pure… Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents, No Allergens
- Should Be Non-Defatted
- Should Be 100% Freeze Dried… Freeze Drying Preserves Heat Sensitive Biological Activity
GRASSFED ADRENAL GLANDULAR SUMMARY
Our genome has evolved with the nourishment of nose-to-tail dining since the beginning of time. Grass Fed Adrenal is a whole food and dietary supplement that provides 100% pure bovine adrenal glandular containing powerful building blocks and biodirectors along with the most nourishing super food in existence — liver. Based on the concept of “like supports like,” adrenal glandular (w/ liver) may nourish and support our own adrenal health.*
Not all organs and glands are the same. Look for the highest quality bovine adrenal glandular… It should come from pasture-raised, grass-fed and grass-finished animals that are hormone, pesticide and GMO free. If considering a supplement, look for one that is ultra pure (without binders, fillers (or) flow agents) and look for the freeze dried variety as these have been shown to optimally preserve nutritional factors, growth factors and co-factors.
[ FACT: There has never been a case of mad cow disease in New Zealand. BSE (mad cow disease), scrapie and other known TSE’s, do not occur in New Zealand. A national surveillance programme is in place to provide comprehensive monitoring. ]
We care deeply about each and every aspect of our “seed to supplement” way of life… great love and gratitude goes out to the souls of these beautiful creatures that sacrificed their lives so that we could be nourished.
NOTE: Bovine adrenal glandular can be found on the market by various names: adrenal glandular, bvine adrenal glandular extract, adrenal cortex, adrenal medulla, desiccated adrenal, etc, ect. Our brand goes by Grass Fed Adrenal.
Sources and References
- Fishman, Stanley A. “The Benefits of Organ Meats.” Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Murray, Michael T., Joseph E. Pizzorno, and Lara Pizzorno. The encyclopedia of healing foods. 3rd ed. Place of publication not identified: Time Warner International, 2006. Print.
- Price, Weston A., DDS. Nutrition and Physical Degeneration; a comparison of primitive and modern diets and their effects. Santa Monica, CA: Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, 2008. Print.
- Lee R, Hanson W. Protomorphology: The Principles of Cell Auto-Regulation. Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, Milwaukee, 1947
- “Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules.” Dr. Ron’s Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- “Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules.” Dr. Ron’s Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- https://adrenalglandular.net/articles/10-amazing-functions-of-the-adrenal glandular-gland